Consigning Ballroom Dresses
DDC accepts Couture Designer Smooth, Standard, Latin, and Rhythm ballroom dresses and mens wear for consignment.
The approval process for online submissions of consignment dresses:
Photos of the dress will need to be emailed to us prior to acceptance of the dress for consignment. We prefer professional photos of the dress/outfit being worn, front and back and in motion. Pictures you have purchased are acceptable.
The approval process at special events:
The dress will be assessed for acceptance on sight.
DDC reserves final approval for acceptance of items for our website.
- Consignees are responsible for having their dresses cleaned and in ready to ship condition. Please let us know if you need help locating a professional cleaning service or refreshing the dress. We have a seamstress available for minor repairs and hemming.
- A hold harmless agreement will be required for dresses held by DDC. Click here to complete the DDC Hold Harmless Agreement.
- Complete the Listing Form, Enter data in all fields to help identify your dress.
- Pay $40 set up fee to cover costs of photographing, listing on website, advertising and show costs.
- Send the dress to DDC for final approval and to show at events.
- Assess dress quality and condition prior to listing, any need for repairs noticed will be communicated to the seller
- Advertise your dress through our professional website, other social media, and special events
- Handle all communication with buyer
- Handle all financial transactions
Our primary focus is designer dance costumes (Artistry in Motion, Dore’, LeNique, Jordy, Chrisanne Clover, Designs to Shine, We Designs, etc). We also have a category for beginner and practice dresses and menswear. Larger (size 14-20) sizes are gladly welcomed. Dresses must be in excellent condition. We prefer dresses that are less than 5 years old.
The net sale (exclusive of fees, i.e., credit card processing and event fees) of the dress will be split 60/40, with 40% going to the consignee. Length of contract will be for 1 year from listing date. Consignees may cancel the contract at any time by contacting us. The $40 setup fee is nonrefundable and will be collected once the dress has been approved for listing on the website. Accounting is done the month after the sale and then checks are processed and sent to consignees. For more information, please email us.
All dresses will be sent via USPS, Federal Express or UPS and will be insured and tracked. Dresses will shipped within 3-5 business days from receipt of the order.
Try before you buy!
We offer a Try On service to make sure that you find the perfect dress. This is available via mail or by appointment in our Hendersonville store.
Dancewear can be purchased online or in person at a competition, a sales event or by appointment at our shop in Hendersonville.
- Select costume on website
- Complete checkout
- Submit payment, including shipping and handling costs
- Communicate any questions to DDC via phone or email.
All sales are final.
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the web site, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. to ship an order.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
• See what data we have about you, if any.
• Change/correct any data we have about you.
• Have us delete any data we have about you.
• Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.